Welcome Valley Bible Studies
Lesson 20: 1 John 4: 16-21
1 John 4:16-21
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.
1. The first part of this text provides another evidence that a person has been saved. What is that evidence?
2. What does our love toward God give us as it grows perfect?
3. What does perfect love cast (or throw) out?
4. What is a characteristic of fear?
5. If God is love, how does that influence our ability to come to Him without fear?
6. Does the Bible indicate that it is easier to love God whom we haven’t seen than those around us whom we have seen?
7. What is the person who claims to love God but hates another person?
8. What has God commanded that those of us who love Him do?
This study is in the public domain and may be copied and distributed freely.